Re: [ehg@research.bell-labs.com: Re: Display types?]

Carl Ellison <cme@acm.org> writes:

> I take it you meant this as a joke, but I did scan my Navigator 4.5
> preferences for any selection of character set and found none.  I did find a
> list of fonts supported, but UTF-8 wasn't one of them.

View -> Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8). That's Navigato 4.5 under Linux.

I guess you'll still need the right font in order to make this work,
though. Lots of useful material on the subject can be found at

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html

Andreas

--
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,