RE: opens source SPKI implementations?

Gunther - It would be nice to know what the size of the system is, what
is the naming doctrine, is it a single database, is it a directory
services approach, what are the security services required and the usage
of keys/certificates, whats the legal issues, whats the privacy issues,
whats issueance and revocation polcies, etc

I dont think one can say - here is SPKI or any other PKI and place that
on a govt/commercial or defence agency system - there are too many other
issues (including legal ones) to consider.

regards alan