Re: [Alton Hoover: Draft Charter IPSEC WG]

Alton,

The proposed wg charter looks crisp and straightforward, with a
relatively aggressive schedule.  My guess is that the charter and
schedule either are a) well-founded and pragmatic, or b) hopelessly
naive.  The latter possibility occurs to me primarily because of
the history of difficulties with this topic.  The former alternative
seems more likely, since I doubt the Security area director would
have let this one past easily.

Simple question:  Do you and others believe that you have the
gist of the 2 solutions (net-layer protocol and key protocol) already
fleshed out or do you expect substantial haggling about basic
approaches?

If the former applies, then I believe your schedule.  If the latter
applies, then you have a heck of a challenge ahead.  (Hmmm.  I suspose
you have _that_ no matter what.)

Dave