Re: >Final IPSEC Charter

        Reply to:   RE>>Final IPSEC Charter
Donald,

Sorry for the confusion on the numbering of the ipsec draft charters.....

>I'm not sure why this is the 4th as I think I have only previously
>seen #'s 1 and 2; however, there is little change from 2 so the
>comments I just sent out continue to apply.
>
>Donald

The draft I send out as the second draft really should have been labeled the
third.

19 Nov 92    0th Draft IPSEC Charter - developed over lunch at IETF
                 meeting.
25 Nov 92    1st Draft IPSEC Charter - submitted to ipsec by Alton
                 Hoover.
 2 Dec 92    2nd Draft IPSEC Charter - processed and slightly modified
                 by Greg Vaudreuil for IETF Working Group tracking
                 database.  Not widely distributed.
 3 Dec 92    3rd Draft IPSEC Charter - minor updates (added algorithm
                 independence, removed recursion) based on ipsec
                 comments.  Note - this was labeled on the net as
                 draft 2.
 7 Dec 92    4th Draft IPSEC Charter - replaced Network Layer Security
                 Protocol references with IP Security Protocol (IPSP).
   soon      Final IPSEC Charter - so far is the same as the 4th, any
                 more constructive comments on the scope defined by the
                 charter?

Paul