Re: IPsec near term work

> Will we have to wait until 1997 (when Diffie Hellman expires) or 2000
> (when RSA expires) to do anything with IP security beyond manual
> single-key cryptography? Is anyone willing to tackle this issue?

If your implementation uses rsaref then there's a good chance it
could be used by most north american companies.

Unfortunately, this leaves out two very large sectors of the
Internet.  Namely (1) those outside north america, and (2) commercial
interests.

The first group could use an rsaref work alike as long as it was
developed and maintained outside the US.

The second group could use a shareware, licenced north american
rsaref work alike if only it existed.  RSADSI has blocked this
approach by not selling a "comercial version" of the software they
already give away.

They see rsaref as a purly experimental library which has no place
in the "real world".  IMHO they are throwing away free money by
not selling "comersial use licences" for rsaref to companies who
want to use software built with it.

brad

Follow-Ups: References: