Donald

From:  Steve Kent <kent@BBN.COM>
To:  "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd (Beast)" <dee>
Cc:  ipsec@ans.net

Subject: reserving some SAIDs
Author:  Ran Atkinson <atkinson@sundance.itd.nrl.navy.mil> at internet
Date:    8/3/94 3:11 PM

One subject that I've been asked about several times by IPv6 folks
is whether we could reserve some SAID values.  These could be
used for predefined meanings (e.g. use RSA with the public keys
from the DNS to encrypt/decrypt this packet).  In the IPv6 drafts
I'm proposing to reserve 0xFFFFFF01 through 0xFFFFFFFF for future
use along these lines.

Comments ??

Ran
atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil