Re: Modular approach to key management

Thomas D. Nadeau says:

> 		How can SKIP be distributed freely if one must apply for
> patent rights?  This will IMHO, contrain its wide-spread use to those
> who can affort the fee. We should put the pressure on SUN to stop this
> foolishness, so that *everyone* adopts and implements SKIP.

SKIP isn't so clearly important to me that I'd necessarily want to
make such an effort. However, if people working at Sun want us to
consider it they are going to have to do better than a "token"
$99. Putting the patent in the public domain would be better.

(BTW, I'll point out that $99 is not so token at all -- Bill Gates
made billions charging less for DOS. However, cost isn't the issue --
encumberances are.)

.pm