Re: randomness & perfect forward (or proactive?) secrecy

>But, I ment the randomness samplying sw, not Photuris (or would it also be
>part of Photuris?).

Oh, sorry. As pointed out in the excellent Schiller/Eastlake/Crocker
RFC, randomness sampling is inherently machine dependent. So it's a
separate module in addition to my Photuris code. I'm working in a
486-type PC environment so it would probably have to be redone for
other machines. But I'm willing to make my code available with those caveats
once I'm happy with it.

Re merging Photuris: as I said during my talk to the WG, I was
particularly interested in stimulating a discussion about the merits
of the design philosophy. And I certainly seem to have succeeded in that!
(I do hope it will eventually produce some sort of consensus, though...)

I still believe that a single protocol like Photuris, with the proper
tuning knobs, can satisfy both the needs of those with strong security
requirements and those with performance concerns. I haven't seen much
discussion of this particular aspect; am I off base here?

Phil

Follow-Ups: References: