Re: WG last call for IPv4 AH and ESP

Ashar Aziz says:
> > I don't believe this is possible. The recipient is going to have to
> > know how to interpret some sort of special signal to the effect that a
> > particular method is in use.
>
> Well, the recipient has to know how to employ a particular
> key-mgmt protocol.

My point was that you would have to determine what key management
protocol to employ based purely on the bits available in the IPSP
packet. The other key management systems assume that this is done out
of band and that by the time communications occur an SAID has already
been selected.

> But this is true in general. If they use different key-mgmt
> protocols than in general they cant communicate.

However, that communication doesn't have to be done via IPSP.

.pm