Re: (IPng) Re: out-of-band key management is like virtual circuits

At 02:58 PM 2/26/95 -0800, ipng@sunroof.Eng.Sun.COM wrote:

>We have several firewalls in-house as well. However, these firewalls
>with  application-layer relays have never been used to establish
>entire virtual enterprises over a public net like the Internet. They
>typically give you a handful of Internet services, and connectivity
>through them is not as seamless as on a private net. I don't believe
>that to date, very large scale virtual enterprises have been built
>using the kind of firewall you are referring to (though I am open
>to correction).

I may have heard wrong but a company bigger than us, a little up the road
has used ANS's SiteLock to do just that...  But then maybe SiteLock is a
different kind of system than what Perry is talking about?

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212