Re: (IPng) Re: Proposed message on perfect forward security

Dan,

I have been reading this exchange for a while now and think it has gone
beyond the point of being constructive a long while ago.  The current
exchange seems to me be centered around the definition of the word
"reserved".  Some seem to think it excludes the possibility of "in-band
keying", other think it allows it.  This is no longer a technical
discussion.

Perhaps this debate could be ended if the text was changed to say something
like:

        The set of SAID values in the range 0x00000001 through 0x000000FF
        are reserved for future use (for example "in-band keying").

Then perhaps everyone can go back to developing and deploying some real key
management algorithms and software which we all really need if the internet
is to have real security.

Bob