Re: Bellovin's and Ahar's attacks

Pau-Chen Cheng says:
> What I don't understand is how to do the same thing for UDP, or any
> state-less protocol. How does a receiver knows which key to use when
> sending a response to a received message if the receiver is talking to
> multiple parties through the same port ?

I know several ways to do it, but I'm not sure yet what the "right
thing" is. I've been punting on it until I get a chance to play with
them. My notion at the moment is to possibly extend the sendmsg and
rcvmsg calls somehow -- I already have userland dealing with SAs a
small bit -- but I find this very ugly although it will work. I'm
holding off, as I said, until I get more of a chance to explore this
in detail. I'm not a believer in defining APIs in the absense of
experience with them.

Perry