Re: Bellovin's and Ahar's attacks

> The assumptions about the ability of systems to maintain time
> are not reasonable in the Internet.

> Ran

Ran, I respectfully disagree with you on this point. My understanding
is that any TCP/IP implementation needs a time-out-retransmission
mechanism. Photuris also needs one. IMHO, this implies a clock is needed.

Please note that my outline DOES NOT require synchronized clock. It only
assumes clocks advance at about the same rate; i.e, if my clock's reading
is increased by 1 second, the other clocks' readings will also be increased
by 1 second within ~1 second's real time.

If this assumption is wrong, I would appreciate if somebody can educate me
or give me a pointer to related literatures.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Pau-Chen