Re: Comments on latest IPSP

        Reply to:   RE>>Comments on latest IPSP drafts

Donald:

You said:

>Weak encryption you could get by the NSA with an open algorithm would
>be sufficiently useless that I see no reason for using it, let alone
>making it madatory.

I agree, but am compelled to ask, do you not lock your car (which, I believe,
presents a much greater inconvenience if compromised than the typical
mail messages) because car locks can be easily defeated?  Lofty principles
are fine,  I even have them, but holding out for perfection is one reason why
interaction over the Internet is unprotected today.  The other, of course, is
that nobody wants to pay extra for it (much like auto security systems).

OK, so flame me, but, having watched this business for 10 years, I'd hate to
see IETF fail for the same reasons others have.  If there's no "good enough,
easy for vendors to build in for free" option, I'd expect to put my RFC's on
the
same shelf with SDNS.

Joe