Re: SKIP: Interoperability proposal

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> This message brings to mind something I've been meaning to ask for
> some time. Could the SKIP people perhaps get their own mailing list?
[...]

Hello Perry,

the 'SKIP people' certainly have their own mailing list. On it we discuss
things that usually do not interest the wider IPSEC forum like how we do
padding in non-ESP, what performance we achieve, problems with the imple-
mentations and similar stuff. Once or twice we even announced a new SKIP
release on it.

In my opinion, the fact that we will try interoperability at the next IETF
might indeed be of more general interest, as were the comments to the
various draft-ietf-ipsec-skip versions, and some other security relevant
issues that have been rised.

Friendly greetings,

	Germano Caronni

P.S.: IMHO SKIP is quite close to mainstream IPSEC, and no alternate WG is
being formed. I might be wrong on this, but I doubt it.