Yes, you can export SHA and MD5

>The good news is that SHA-1 is under Commerce Department
>rules, which means that US export licenses should be
>MUCH MUCH easier to obtain.

One more time .... to be sure that for this discussion we are clear:

SHA and MD5 are both export controled, both are "easy" to export.  Export
should not be a consideration in the comparison of SHA to MD5.

Paul

Paul Lambert                     Director of Security Products
Oracle Corporation                       Phone: (415) 506-0370
500 Oracle Parkway, Box 659410             Fax: (415) 413-2963
Redwood Shores, CA  94065               palamber@us.oracle.com