Re: Replay protection with Manual keying

Germano,

        I'm not sure I would expect rekeying to be nearly as frequent a you
suggest (every 5 minutes), but the general thrust of these observations is
certainly correct, i.e., anti-reply measures rely on fresh, per-association
keys and a means of rekeying within an association that carries enough
traffic to cause the counter to cycle.  Also, in the face of loss of state
at either end, one must be prepared to establish a new association, and
that too calls for a fresh traffic key.

Steve