Re: proposed IPSEC changes/extensions

John,

        You read more into my choice of words than I intended.  My point
was simply that we should focus on engineering the protocols with the
intent that they will be used with crypto that is believed to be
sufficiently strong as to not motivate lots of work on minimizing
predictble plaintext.  My rule of thumb in this work has long been that the
subscriber data will often contain sufficiently amounts of predictable
plaintext as to make it unnecessary to worry about the header
predictability.  I agree that predictable header data might make the search
a bit easier for a given search engine design, but in the grand scheme of
things it's not that big a deal.

Steve