Re: compression and encryption

> In my opinion, I think that depends on how you define "integrated".
>
> If everyone assumes that the flat addressing and equal peer model
> of the Internet is the only way to scale the system, then I would
> agree with you.

  It is the most democratic and the hardest to regulate and thus
the safest from the influence of political and financial powers.
  No matter what the "core" does there are those of us that will
stick to the tools we can control rather recreate the telephone
system. There is a group of us in Ottawa that is trying to wein our
community network away from the telephone system to wireless technology.