Re: TO COMPRESS OR NOT TO CMPRS (please reply)

I want to see compression included.  I don't see the new for cross-packet
compression.  There is a need to negotiation compression algorithms.  I
wonder if we can handle that like we handle negotiation of transforms?
(ie. if both parties agree to the same algorithm, then compression will
be used.  If not, it won't.)

I also want to steal the top bit of the pad byte to use as the compression
indication.  I don't, however, care if the pad is always limited to 127 bytes.

--
Matt Thomas                      Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
UNIX Networking                  WWW URL:    http://ftp.digital.com/%7Ethomas/