RE: How many algorithms per SA/Transform?

>>Angelos D. Keromytis (angelos@aurora.cis.upenn.edu) said on 3/3/97 6:44 PM about Re: How many algorithms per SA/Transform?

>One could also have a mixed algorithm; instead of 3-DES, use DES for
>first round, blowfish for second, etc..

My guess is that would be labelled as a new singular transform with a definition
of how it should be applied (e.g. first do DES, them blowfish, etc.)
Just throwing a bunch of transforms into an SA does not give enough information
for interoperability.  So even if the imaginary example you give were to come into
existance, it would be a single transform called the DES-BLOWS transform or
something like that and have its own draft for standard implementation.

Edward Russell
erussell@ftp.com