Re: auditing

I have to say that after some further thought, if you HAVE logging
facilities, you MUST audit.  This, I guess, puts me in violent agreement with
Bill.

I keep having this sinking feeling that there might be some class of attack
that can only get caught by auditing/logging.  Anyone care to comment on
this?

And speaking of Bill, he mentions...

> Of course, this means that outbound (and inbound) logging traffic
> needs to be treated the same way as key management traffic, bypassing
> any ipsec policy engine which might trigger the creation or use of a
> security association...

I'll insert a plug for draft-mcdonald-simple-ipsec-api-01.txt, which includes
such a BYPASS setting for privileged applications.

Dan