Re: ESP revisions straw poll

Charles Lynn writes:
> I was not able to attend the WG meeting.  I do not know what fraction
> of the WG was there.  I suspect that there are many more WG members
> than I have seen responded to the straw poll.

I know I'm chiming in a bit late, but let me chime in anyway.

The working group in Memphis was almost unanimous in striking down
encryptionless ESP. The working group here, on line, obviously has
overwhelming consensus in that direction. Continued discussion of this
matter is divisive and unnecessary -- it is obvious which way the
working group has decided. Regardless of the "platonic truth" of the
question of whether encryptionless ESP is good or bad, the world will
survive just fine without it, and it is obvious at this point that the
only result of continuing the discussion will be the same outcome.

I would ask the people pushing encryptionless ESP to gracefully
withdraw rather than continue in this disruptive direction. Everyone
loses an argument occassionally. We've all been forced to accept
things we don't like. Lets move on.

Perry