format of name ID's in ISAKMP IP DOI

Isn't there a need for clarification in the ISAKMP IP DOI document, about
ID payloads whose content is a string?  These questions:

  o May any blanks be present?
  o Any trailing terminator?
  o When this content gets hashed, how much of it is included?
  o Other possible variations which I forgot?

The situation is aggravated considering the ID payload might have to be
padded out (I don't remember a responsible party giving a clear indication
what ISAKMP v-08 will say, nor do I remember consensus).  Remember there is
no inner definition of exactly how long a name string is.

- John Burke <jburke@cylink.com>
  Cylink, Sunnyvale, CA