Re: Re[2]: ISAKMP performance

   Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 23:06:46 -0400
   From: David Jablon <dpj@world.std.com>

   But it's not necessarily a good reason.  There are much stronger
   methods, such as password-authenticated Diffie-Hellman exchanges
   EKE, SPEKE, etc.

Small Diffie-Hellman moduli are easily broken.

However, discussion of these topics aren't really germane to the ipsec
working group, so I suggest we take this discussion elsewhere.

Discussion of the possibility of designing some other key management
protocol for ipsec is (barely) in order, although at this point if this
discussion gets extensive Bob and I would probably recommend starting a
separate working group to avoid bogging down existing efforts.

						- Ted

Follow-Ups: References: