RE: manual keying and IPSEC conformance

Perhaps "back door" was too strong of a statement, but manual keying
might present a security risk if an uninformed user set it up
incorrectly.

We must make some form of KM is a MUST for interoperabilities sake, and
if you do not do so with ISAKMP, then we must manual keying a MUST.

My point though, was that I do believe that an implementation that does
not support manual keying (either turns it off, or doesn't even have the
code for it) should still be considered IPSec-compliant.