Wrap up for the IPsec drafts

Robert Moskowitz writes:

> ipsec-oakley-02.txt and perhaps ipsec-doc-roadmap-01.txt will most likely
> be informational, all the rest are standards track.
>
> We need everyone to review these and comment on their readiness.  PLEASE
> include the draft name in the subject for everyone's benefit.
>
> Those that receive no major comments by 9/26/97 will start wg last call on
> the 9/29/97.  We need to get ALL of these through wg last call before
> sending on to the IESG!  The 3 drafts with notes attached are already not
> considered ready for last call by the chairs.  We request the editors of
> these documents to submit updated versions, based on wg concensus in the
> next week.

I'm a bit concerned about even thinking about last call on a document
(namely draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-05.txt) which is still in
progress, and which has been rumored to contain a significant rewrite.
I would also like to express concern about having the drop-dead date so
close to the ANX bakeoff.  I have major comments on both the
isakmp-oakley and the doi drafts, which I feel are no where near ready.
However, I won't have the time until after I return from Ottowa to
arrange and format these comments nicely in order to present them to the
group.

ben

Follow-Ups: References: