RE: Extended authentication with ISAKMP/Oakley draft

Ran, actually the draft presents Main Mode as an example only.  The
draft describes a template method that can be applied to any mode at any
exchange.  The draft does go on to say what exchanges and modes that
MUST NOT be used for various reasons.  And the draft does allow for any
type of ISAKMP phase I authentication (shared-secret, RSA-sig, RSA-enc,
DSS, RSA-new-enc).