Re: Unnecessarily bloated IV calculation

Robert Moskowitz writes:
> At 05:03 PM 2/9/98 -0800, Daniel Harkins wrote:
> >
> >Just for the record, one of the things I've been waiting on was a simple,
> >generic CBC-MAC paper that a certain vocal I-O resolution document critic
> >had promised to write so I could reference it. Alas, it never materialized
> >and we'll just have to live without it.
>
> Actually, there was an ID on this.  It is part of IPsecond, as it did not
> gather strong backing at Munich.

Bob-

I have this draft mostly completed, and can have it under the group's
collective scrutiny by tomorrow (Wednesday) evening.  My assertion in
Washington was that the IO-RES draft is incomplete without it, and I
stand by that.  (For those who might have missed this -- we use
3DES-CBC-MAC as a REQUIRED prf in IO-RES, and have as a reference only
Schneier's book, which is too vague to be building a protocol from.)  I
don't know however, if the political machine has allowed the time for a
new draft to be introduced.

Perhaps we can take a poll on the list as to who thinks this is a
necessary addition?

ben

Follow-Ups: References: