RE: Radius authentication and client configuration

> As for Roy's intent to tie it in with existing
> token/smart cards I would
> not recommend this. The problem that we are currently faced
> with is that it
> requires vendors to include proprietary code from token/smart
> card vendors and
> ties them into a single solution. EAP will provide vendors
> with the ability to
> support ANY token/smart cards that support EAP.

Not exactly what I meant.  No proprietary code is required from
token/smart card vendors in XAUTH.  By establishing what type of data
these authentication devices required, any card can be used.  The
authentication transport method that the security gateway uses might be
proprietary, but that is the case with EAP as well (or any other
authentication mechanism).