Re: (IPng 5744) Re: [Karen Seo: Thomas Narten -- clarification, etc.]

    Date:        Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:12:27 -0400
    From:        Thomas Narten <narten@raleigh.ibm.com>

I just want to pick a piece out of the quoted text...

  | Let me back up a little and clarify the point that caught my
  | attention. draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-header-05.txt says:

To me, that reads like nonsense.   If the implementation doesn't recognise
the header, what would be the basis upon which it would locate the Next Header
or Hdr Ext len fields?    Is there some (incorrect) implicit assumption here
that all headers for all time will have such fields, and that they'll always
be in the same place?

kre