Re: Some questions

Daniel Harkins writes:
>>> this reading correct? If so, one cannot create asymmetrical SA with
>>> ISAKMP, for example, using DES in one direction and IDEA in the
>>> other, that might be useful under some circumstances.
>
> Yes, that's right, they must use the same transform. Under what situations
> would you want to have asymmetrical SAs?

I suppose you might be sending relatively uninteresting requests in one
direction (i.e., "Tell me everything you know about the nuclear weapons
capability of Elbonia."), and fascinating replies in the other direction
("There's an advanced testing facility for high-yield nuclear devices
hidden under the swamp 82 miles NE of the Elbonian capital.")

-Lewis