RE: Multiple Certificate Request Payloads

> ----------

I think you have to respond with only one, which has the public key needed
to verify the signature payload.  Unless you are having the same public key
signed by multiple Certification Authorities.  Which in general is not a
good thing.

> The description in ISAKMP section 5.10 on Certifcate Payload Request
> processing
> didn't talk about a case where multiple request occur in a single IKE
> message,
> so we are looking for feedback from the group on the use we're
> considering.  In
> particular, is it legitimate to include multiple Certificate Request
> Payloads
> in a single IKE message?

Multiple certificate request payloads are OK.  In previous versions of the
protocol only a single CRP was used which had a list of acceptable CAs.  To
make processing easier the payload format changed and now multiple CRP are
used.

Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies