Re: US govt. restrictions on export/import of IPSEC implementations

Sathyan Iyengar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of finding latest information on US Govt.
> restrictions on export/import of encryption related implementations.
> Searching in DOC is difficult. Please direct me to specific URLs
> or govt. documents which have latest information on this.

A new version of Linux FreeSWAN docs in HTML should
appear on distribution site:

ftp://ftp.xs4al.nl/pub/crypto/freeswan

in a few days. Here are its links for what you're
asking:

<h3>Cryptography law and policy</h3>
<ul>
<li>
An international survey</a>
<li>
A site with a mainly US focus
</a>
<li>
Documents</a>
of interest to the cryptography, open government
and privacy movements, organized chronologically.
</ul>

If you find other relevant links, please post or mail & I'll
add them there.

You might also want to look at the Wassenaar Agreement:

Wassenaar details available from the
Wassenaar Secretariat
</a>
and elswhere in an
HTML version</a>.

--
"The real aim of current [cryptography] policy is to ensure the
 continued effectiveness of US information warfare assets against