April IPSec and PPP Interoperability Workshop

Greetings,

We are preparing to sign a hotel contract for the next IPSec and PPP Interoperability Workshop for the week of April 19-23, 1999, in Santa Barbara, CA, with arrival and set up on April 18.

It has been brought to our attention there is an Internet Security Conference taking place April 19-22, 1999, in San Jose, CA.  The details are listed below.

This email is sent for the participants of the interoperability workshop.  Will this conference present a conflict in your company's resources to attend the IPSec and PPP interoperability workshop?

Please respond at your earliest opportunity as this is the only week in April the hotel accommodations are available in Santa Barbara and we would like to complete our contract negotiations promptly if this is a viable week for the workshop.

Thank you,  Anita Freeman

------------------------------------

For Immediate Release

Media Contact
Paul Kent
Mactivity, Inc
(408) 354-2500
paul@mactivity.com

The Internet Security Conference
Making the Internet a Safer Place for Corporate Information Assets.

Los Gatos, CA  Dec 17, 1998 - Internet computing has become a critical
component of corporate computing, but threats to electronic assets and
information integrity are real, and information and communications
privacy are difficult to achieve. The second presentation of The
Internet Security Conference, to be held April 19-22 at the Fairmont
Hotel in San Jose, California, promises to provide a wealth of
solutions for the IT manager looking to find his way through the
maze of threats that face the Internet-enabled corporation.

The Internet Security Conference (TISC) presents a comprehensive
curriculum on secure computing. Attendees can choose from sessions
on anti-virus strategies, virtual private network deployment, IPSEC
and IP v6 issues, secure mail and messaging options, secure ecommerce,
databases and multicast security considerations. Eleven full day
workshops, 30 conference sessions and two half-day seminars will
be presented.

A world reknown faculty of Internet security scientists, researchers
and educators will conduct the sessions.

Key presenters include:
- Dr. Stephen Kent, Chief Scientist, Information Security,
  BBN Technologies
- Marcus Ranum, CEO and Founder, Network Flight Recorder & author of
  several major Internet firewall products including DEC SEAL, TIS
  Gauntlet and TIS Internet Firewall Toolkit
- Fred Avolio, independent consultant specializing in Internet
  security & former product manager for TIS Gauntlet Internet Firewall
- Dr. Radia Perlman, Distinguished Engineer, Sun Microsystems, co-
  author of"Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World"
- Rik Farrow, Internet Security consultant and trainer & author of
  "UNIX System Security"
- Charlie Kaufman, Security Architect for Lotus Notes, IBM & co-
  author of "Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World"
- Phil Carden, Managing Consultant, Renaissance Worldwide & author,
  "Internet Security for Windows NT"

The faculty is complemented by fifty of the industry's leading security
practitioners, including Char Sample, Tina Darmohray, John Rochlis,
Daniel Geer, John Pescatore, Ian Poynter, Ray Kaplan and Joseph Saul.

The conference is hosted by Dave Piscitello, president of Core
Competence, a 20 year veteran of the Internet technical community
and conference chairperson of Networld+Interop. "The purpose of The
Internet Security Conference is to expose corporate computing
professionals who have an urgent 'need to know' to the folks who
designed or contributed to some of the most significant security
technologies in the world," explains Piscitello. "I designed this
to be a conference I would want to attend, one with a program so
intensely interesting I'd have difficulty deciding what to
attend myself."

Industry publication Network Computing Magazine returns as the
event's media sponsor. "Security is an important issue to the
market and our readers," said Jill Thiry Bowers, publisher of
Network Computing. "Because of our editorial coverage of
Internet Security the past few years, Dave chose to partner with
our editors to create compelling content for the conference. We
also look forward to extending our Real World Labs (r) into the
TISC Interoperability Lab to demonstrate enterprise-tested
solutions to attendees."

A unique feature of TISC  is the Interoperabilty Lab - a working
computer lab that demonstrates how an organization can combine
solutions to create a secure environment. The TISC Interoperability
Lab will feature interoperability demonstrations and unique
presentations of policy management, intrusion detection and
monitoring, virtual private networking and ethical hacking.
Consultants from Ernst and Young will attempt to hack into the
Lab while intrusion detection and monitoring experts attempt to
catch them in a kind of high tech war game that attendees can
observe. "Our Interoperability Lab is a throw-back to the days
when technical staff demonstrated products at trade shows," explains
Piscitello, "I view it as an extension of our education program. I
want attendees to learn about security from experts in workshops and
symposium sessions, then see it put to work in our Lab."

The Internet Security Conference is sponsored by the key organizations
driving the security industry. Corporate sponsorship is provided by
Network Computing, Ernst and Young, Compatible Systems, Checkpoint
Software, Microsoft, RSA Data Security, Aventail Corporation,
InternetWeek, Internet Devices, Netscreen, enCommerce, Xedia,
TimeStep, Exodus Communications, Xcert, Radguard, Network Flight
Recorder and RedCreek with more sponsors being announced each week.
Covad Communications Company is providing DSL Internet access at
the conference.

For more information contact (408) 354-2500 or browse
http://tisc.corecom.com

The Internet Security Conference is co-produced by Core Competence
and Mactivity, Inc. Core Competence is a full service internetworking,
fast packet and network management consulting firm located in
Dresher, PA. Mactivity, located in Los Gatos, CA produces some of the
most influential technology conferences in the high-tech industry
including Voice on the Net, Loop'98, The Internet Service Providers
Forum, Java Business Expo, Macworld Expo, Interop DotCom and the
Mactivity conference series.

Network  Computing  is the premier technology solutions magazine
driving IT purchasing  decisions. Every two weeks it delivers
enterprise-tested technology solutions from its unique Real-World
Labs to 220,000 information-technology buyers in print and online
(http://www.networkcomputing.com). In addition, the publication
consistently has the largest average-issue audience among all
networking publications, according to Simmons and IntelliQuest.
Network Computing received the 1997 Maggie Award for Best Computer
& Telecommunications (trade) Publication.

CMP Media Inc. (Nasdaq: CMPX) is the leading high-tech media company
providing essential information and marketing services to the entire
technology spectrum: the builders, sellers and users of technology
worldwide. With its portfolio of newspapers, magazines, custom
publishing, Internet  products,  research,  consulting and
conferences, CMP is uniquely positioned  to offer marketers
comprehensive, integrated solutions tailored to  meet  their
individual  needs.  Online editions of the company's print
publications, along with products and services created exclusively
for the Internet, can be found on CMPnet  at http://www.CMPnet.com.
NSTL, the company's  independent testing lab  and  consulting
organization, serves government, corporate and technology vendor
clients around the world.