RE: Question about mis-match SA lifetimes

If the peer has an IKE SA lifetime configuration of 2 hours, and locally you
have an IKE SA lifetime configuration of 1 hour, then wouldn't it be more
advantageous to allow the phase 1 negotiation to proceed and then just send
a delete notification for the IKE SA cookie after 1 hour, right before you
expire your IKE SA, then to just always fail the negotiation?

-dave