Re: representation of IKE DH shared secret

In the spirit of "less is more", I wonder what interest is served
by specifying the representation of internal values?  You can
represent g^xy as a decimal string if it is convenient for your
hardware.

If it gives all implementors an important reference point for
clarification of their implementations, I can understand
wanting to have a specification of the internal format,
but in this case I'd worry that some implementors, perfectly
well understanding the arithmetic, might become confused by
a requirement to use a particular internal format.

Hilarie