Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt

Hi Dan,

Just a quick question on this, with the caveat that I haven't yet taken
the time to review the draft (sorry, I'll get to it soon, I promise):
regarding the question as to whether negotiating upward should be
prefixed with MAY, SHOULD, etc., something has been nagging at me. Isn't
this a local policy issue? I mean, if I specify as a matter of policy
that I want 56-bit DES *only*, wouldn't it be a violation of my policy
to accept 3DES just because you offer it?

Scott

Follow-Ups: References: