Re: issues from the bakeoff

Hi,

While reading the ISAKMP RFC once again, I discovered that it is not
transform numbers alone but even the proposal numbers that can be changed
from what the initiator has sent. Is this being done by any
implementation? Do we need to support the change in the proposal number?
Combining this with the fact that some implementations change the order of
proposal payloads in the returned proposal, the checking of the proposal
against what the initiator sent can be extremely complex! Cant we mandate
that the proposal number MUST be the same as what the initiator sent
atleast?

thanks,
Anupama