Re: weakness in IKE/DOI specs

If we need bigger numbers, we can simply add a new SA Life Type of, say,
days or GB.  I think that 32 bits is more than enough granularity.

-Dan

Tero Kivinen wrote:

>I think we should allow 64 bit values also. In 30 years (2.8.2029
>23:48 GMT) those sending data using 10 gigabit radio link to mars
>using ipsec are quite sure to curse us we, because we force them to
>wait for 33 minutes every 7 minutes (the distance between earth and
>Mars is 1.38 AU).

>Of course we can define that support for 16 and 32 bit lifetimes is
>mandatory, and implemenations may support 64 bit lifetimes for
>kilobytes.

begin:vcard
n:Fox;Daniel
tel;fax:978-263-1099
tel;work:978-263-2002
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ennovatenetworks.com
org:Ennovate Networks
adr:;;330 Codman Hill Road;Boxborough;MA;01719;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dfox@ennovatenetworks.com
title:Senior Software Engineer
fn:Daniel Fox