Re: IPSEC tunnels for LAN-to-LAN interop issue

"Waters, Stephen" wrote:

> The model you suggest below of a routing interface being represented by a
> 'collection of IPSEC SA going to the same peer' has some problems as a
> model, I think:

> Basically, this is difficult to model, difficult to manage, and difficult to
> explain to customers.

Stephen, I don't think that's true.  The Xedia router aggregates tunnels
to a remote gateway on a virtual datalink interface beneath an IP
interface.  The fact that it's a virtual interface is transparent to IP and
RIP and OSPF run just fine over it. It's analogous to an ATM or Frame
interface but instead of circuits, it has tunnels.

            Eric