Re: rfc2393bis

Abraham Shacham wrote:
> 3.2 CPI in SPI field of a proposal; two-octet field as SHOULD,
> and a MAY for 4-octet field; the location of the 16-bit CPI in
> a 4-octet field; plus, a MUST for the receiver to process both
> field sizes.

If as the initiator, I'm proposing (for example),
	Proposal #1 PROTO=PROTO_IPCOMP, SPI size=2 (octets), SPI=??
		transform #1, transform_id IPCOMP_DEFLATE
		transform #2, transform_id IPCOMP_LZS,

what do I send in the SPI field?  I thought the point here was to
send the "well known" CPI for one of the transforms I propose (which
would work if there were only one transform), but since I'm proposing
one or the other, am I basically restricted to using the 256-61439
range of CPIs in this case?

Thanks!
--rafal

--