Re: rfc2393bis

Rafal,

You may set your SPI to be one of the well-known CPI values, if it is
legitimate to express your example as two proposals --

Proposal #1 PROTO=PROTO_IPCOMP, SPI size=2 (octets), SPI=IPCOMP_DEFLATE
	transform #1, transform_id IPCOMP_DEFLATE
Proposal #2 PROTO=PROTO_IPCOMP, SPI size=2 (octets), SPI=IPCOMP_LZS
	transform #1, transform_id IPCOMP_LZS,

I couldn't locate where rfc2408 prohibits the above, but I might have
simply missed something.

In any case, when the original proposal contains more than one
compression transform, the SPI (CPI) has to be in the negotiated range,
and, in that scenario, the extra step of converting the CPI to the actual
algorithm-id is required. The responder may still use the well-known
value as its CPI.

avram