Re: [Raven] FBI secret police

On Nov 19,  8:21am, Christian Huitema wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Raven] FBI secret police
> Bill,
>
> The IETF operate in public, under public scrutiny. There is no way we can
> hide our debates from nayone, let alone the FBI.
> -- Christian Huitema
Hi,
	I believe that the issue about this that is concerning is that the FBI
has in the past said to people involved in security and networking standards on
the internet that supporting privacy and strond encryption are "anti-social".
	This is a not so veiled threat that supporting privacy will mean that
the FBI will conduct surveillance, which seems to be accurate in Bill's case.

--
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to