Re: matching GW addr to ID payload (fwd)

I hate to jump in late to this discussion, as I may have lost the
context. There is a big difference between asserting an address as an
identity in the IP header, vs. asserting it in an IKE exchange, IF
one uses certificates to authenticate the asserted identity in IKE.
One can imagine several PKI scenarios that would enable one to have
reasonable confidence in a cert issued for an address.

Steve

Follow-Ups: References: