Re: PGP keys in IKE

Will Price writes:
> * It is recommended that a Certificate Request payload be sent with
> the PGP identifier so as to make sure there is no confusion over
> certificate types.  With the imminent advent of DNS keys in IKE and
> some people using X.509 now, I think this is going to be important
> for all implementations.

What is the contents of the certificate request, i.e. what does the
certificate authority field contain, and in what format? Empty?

> * The Phase 1 ID must be (regardless of whether you are using PGP or
> X.509 or ...) based from the certificate.  In the case of PGP, it
> must be the primary user ID.

What identity type you are using? ID_USER_FQDN? But that cannot
contain the comment field that is usually present in the pgp-keys
("Tero Kivinen <kivinen@ssh.fi>"), it can only contain
"kivinen@ssh.fi". Actually the definition in the DOI says
"fully-qualified username string", so I am not sure if it can contain
comment fields also...

Another possibility could be the ID_KEY_ID with the key binary key ID
of the pgp key.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/