Re: Commit Bit and SPI?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 10:57:26AM -0500, Greg Carter wrote:
> Add one 'vote' for
> - reply with one Notify only.  SPIs not required, if there don't fail,
> support people who already put them there but processing is not required.

What does it mean if the SPI they send doesn't match any in the P2 SA
bundle associated with the quick mode exchange?  I think it would be best
if the SPI is not sent but if it is then it must be associated with the P2
SA otherwise the negotiation should fail.

> - to keep things simple, reflect commit bit.  No optional reflecting and
> what that might mean.

Since I've already implemented CB I'm okay with this.

--
Will Fiveash
IBM AIX System Development