Re: Future ISAKMP Denial of Service Vulnerablity Needs Addressing

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 01:51:24PM -0500, Dave Perks wrote:
> Paul Koning wrote:

> > I have a concern about this notion of using puzzles as a way of
> > addressing the DoS problem.

> For that matter, the recent much-publicized distributed DoS attacks on
> e-commerce servers point out  that a similar attack on an IPsec server
> would have no problem overcoming a puzzle-based defence. The multitude
> of "zombie" attackers collectively has much more CPU power than any
> attacked system.

	Actually, that reflects one of my worst nightmares.  Have one
of these kiddies marry a "cookie-crumbs" option into something like
TFN2K and then take out some major coporation's VPN by doing in its
ability to rekey.

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/