RE: IPSec Complexity

> From: Chris Trobridge <CTrobridge@baltimore.com> The only way around
> this would be, as I think someone's already said, is to perform IP
> in IP tunneling first and then use Transport mode.

On the wire the tunnel mode is *exactly* same as transport mode applied to
IPIP tunnel. Bitstreams are identical.

One end could be applying IPSEC transport mode to IPIP tunnel, and
other end could be doing IPSEC in tunnel mode, and they can
communicate quite okay.

I still cannot see any complexity in the basic kernel IPSEC
implementation (although AH interactions with Mobile IP in IPv6 is
scaring me a bit, but we shall see when I get that far...)

-- msa

Follow-Ups: References: