Re: Heartbeats draft (fwd)

I am not saying that we should totally ingnore this case, and I proposed
an alternative approach. What I am saying is that we don't have to make
IKE suite of protocols so chatty, just to handle conditions like "server
crashed", or "someone accidentaly switched the server off" etc. Such
chatty approaches to the problem are not very desirable in dialup
scenarios anyway, and I guess dialup is a significant protion of the
deployment.

So, by heartbeats you are trying to have an expensive solution to a rarely
occuring problem ("peer going down"), and the solution may not be suitable
for most of the deployments (dialup).

-chinna

Follow-Ups: References: